Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Gang goes to the gym/ Steph gets vulnerable


Well, it’s day five of our fabulous initiative, and I’m sitting here with a cup of green tea realizing that everything has changed. With the holidays wrapping up, everyone is having to migrate back to their prospective school towns. Katelyn left for UF this morning, and it won’t be long until I’m back to dreary, de-motivating Memphis. Being long distance with your weight-loss-partners-in-crime blows.  Proximity totally helps stir you on towards actually working out and stuff. We’re gonna really have to make this blog awesome if we want our energy to have some staying power.

It’s for that reason (and because of Emily’s awesomely soul-baring, inspiring previous post) that I’ve decided to get vulnerable today. And, as you all know, “vulnerable” in a weight loss setting absolutely means posting a before picture, and my weight in pounds.

So here you go world. Check it out.

Here I am. 5’ 9”, 165 pounds.


Last night BBB joined forces for our first real work-out sesh at the Gym. John, Katleyn, Emily, Kimberly, and yours truly were all present.  It was great to have everybody there working towards a similar goal. Also it was fun to awkwardly be taking pictures the whole time. Whenever someone looked at us like, “what the heck,” we just said, “we’re bloggers.” So true.

So here ya go blogisphere, enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Go girls go!



Team Awkward indeed.





                                                     Gotta work them glamour muscles ;)

                                                                The gangs all here!!


Aren't we precious?

I thought it would be fun for us to all post our favorite workout music/playlists, too. I think we all have pretty different taste and that’s fun. Personally, I’m all about working out to some show tunes.  Lately it’s The Book of Mormon. You have to have a certain kind of humor that tolerates obscenity and offensiveness to appreciate the genius of Trey Parker’s work. I have such a sense of humor. So I like doing the elliptical whilst listening to cheery, dancing Mormons. The songs have pep and they make me chuckle.  It’s a winning situation.

After we got home all sweaty and encouraged, I called my Jake. He was super proud, and suggested we end the night with a nice scripture reading and prayer together. “You’ve taken care of your bodies, now you can take care of your spirit.” Do I even need to say how crazy cool this man is?
So we did. We read John 15 and remembered that abiding in the love of God brings joy to the heart of Jesus and to us, and helps us to produce good fruit in this world. It was really a good time.

And now I’m off to do it again. This time I’ll be alone, but I know my girls have got my back long distance. I’m proud of us! BBB!

No comments:

Post a Comment