Thursday, January 19, 2012

RECIPE TIME: Salad Dressing from the Gods

I used to hate salad. 

I thought it was boring. 

Little did I know... there are fun and exciting salads out there just waiting to be concocted!! 
I like salads because you can put things together that kind of don't belong together, but somehow taste good anyway. It's like- each bite is a surprise!!!

It's the little things I guess...haha.

Behold!  Maybe the healthiest thing I've ever eaten!

I figured it would be fun to add recipes to this blog! 

Btw- it's so weird to take pictures of your food. Like, I think about where I'm going to place it for an aesthetically pleasing photo. As you can see, my plate is artistically placed on my rug!

Wish I could say the dressing was my own little idea, but it was the lovely Angela Liddon's--




But here's the recipe anyway, cuz who likes clicking links:

Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
1 cup packed avocado flesh (2 small)
9 tbsp water
3-5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or more)
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
1/2 cup packed green onion (dark green part only, not white)
1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
Pinch of cayenne (optional)
Sweetener, to taste (I used 1 tsp of sugar)

Directions:
So basically you throw the garlic in the food processor (or blender in my case) and make sure it's all pulverized and then add everything except the lemon juice/vinegar. They make it very tangy, so you want to add those in bit by bit, to your liking. I also added salt last. 

My fork

I literally lick this dressing off of the plate when my salad is gone. I love avocado. I love garlic. I love lemon!! It's so so good!!

The rest of my salad (obviously you're on the edge of your seat to know) is as follows: half spinach/half iceberg lettuce, lightly browned red onion/mushrooms in garlic, sauteed chickpeas(<3!) in paprika, these cute little honey-sesame stick thingies(they look like worms in the first pic), and a dusting of paprika. 


Now you can emulate my kitchen prowess and make a salad like a BOSS. 
Also! Some more recent BBB successes:
1. Bench-pressed today. It was pathetic, but also felt awesome. 
2. I am sore from weights yesterday too! Win.
3. I even biked to my classes in the pouring rain.
4. Totally making all these awesome oatmeals for breakfast. 
5. Made cookies again and only had one! And I never do that! lol!

Well that's all for now. Thanks for humoring bits of my personal life. ;)
<3Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment