Monday, January 2, 2012

What BBB Means to Me-- Katelyn

Hello! This is about how I connect with Believe in Your Beautiful Body, this lovely blog's philosophy.

To me, BBB was born somewhat out of mediocrity. Or maybe boredom.
Inspiring!

But maybe you can relate, so here's what happened-

Much of my Christmas Break was spent in the lovely, nearly-uninhabited town of Benton, Kentucky. Let me assure you that this is a boring place. I had time think, or probably just sit around and eat biscuits.
While there, I started to mull over potential New Year's resolutions.


Benton has a coffee place! 


Tried to come up with MIND BLOWING things to accomplish. I made a list and everything, but it was all pretty blah, so I scrapped it!

But my sisters and I started to feel guilty about eating.. maybe zero items of produce for the last week, and came up with a somewhat-bogus health-kick plan!

We called it BBB!- Best Bootilicious Body. (lol!)




Naturally, we tried to gather a following.

And everyone seemed to buy into this idea of being healthy and like, owning your beauty and stuff!
I sometimes laugh at that kind of thing, (kind of like I was now) but another part of me got pretty excited! Feel confident in my sexy body and not be trapped in unhealthy patterns of eating? Maybe it's not stupid to want that. Sign me up!

Not strong yet!

So now it's day 2 and I'm pumped! Easy to be that way on day 2. But we have an evolving support system and get sweet texts like this:

Kara: Didn't eat a cookie today! BBB!


John: Bbb- at gators. Had a salad. 


Emily: White girls workin' in the gym...BBB! Workin' real hard to get trim.. BBB! 


We're awesome!

I'm kind of proud of some of the accomplishments of the past 48 hours too.
Example:  There was a single, solitary M&M on the counter. Jesus tells us to FLEE from temptation so I told that M&M to flee to the trash can. BBB!

Stephanie inspired the transformation from "Best Bootilicious Body" to "Believe in Your Beautiful Body." And really, that is what it means to me. I laugh about it and everything, but when it comes down to it, I wanna be beautiful and confident. Wowie! It's like admitting a secret!

So I guess, moral of the story is to not pretend like you don't care about things that you actually do care about.  Yay morals!  :) So make use of your boredom and come up with dumb plans. Maybe you'll get to learn something cool out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment